What is Christianity About?
NOTICE: This website is still quite new!
A few things don't work yet, and some of the posts are incomplete. See here for more about this.
In our modern world, nearly everyone has heard of Christianity. But that's about as far as it goes. What really is it? What's it about? Okay, it's a religion. But what does that even mean?
There was once a time when nearly everyone from Western families understood the basics of Christianity. What it's about. Who Jesus is. But things have changed. Christianity has almost gone from common everyday knowledge. It's been replaced with a big question mark in a dark tunnel, surrounded by the noise and confusion of modern culture.
If you're like most people today, you might not have much idea at all of what Christianity is about. Little that gets said in the mass media (or social media) explains anything about Christianity. And that's at best. At worst, it's inaccurate... or completely off base. So the basics of what Christianity is actually about remain an untold mystery — a great unknown, a wild frontier waiting to be explored.
So, What is Christianity About?
Here are a few points that give an introduction to what Christianity is about:
- refreshChristianity is a completely different (and much more satisfying) way of thinking, feeling and viewing the world and life.
- moodChristianity is about becoming happier (and eventually much, much happier). This is independent of the physical circumstances you live in (which may or may not improve from becoming a Christian).
- wb_sunnyChristianity is about always having something to hope for (actually, many things).
- directionsChristianity is about finding meaning in your life, having a direction, and having something to live for.
- Christianity explains what's going on in the world in the big picture. It gives reasons for the problems we see in modern life, and shows us what we can do about them.
- supervisor_accountChristianity is about knowing that you never have to be alone.
- casinoChristianity is about understanding that everything happens for a reason — not just by random chance.
- Christianity teaches us how to know when we've gone off course, and what to do about it.
- Christianity is about knowing that you're loved — really loved. How you are so wonderful — so treasured, important and precious.
- local_libraryChristianity is about trusting that everything we really need to know is found in the Bible.
- Christianity is about knowing where you stand in life, and knowing that things in your life are working out (even when it doesn't feel like they are).
- all_inclusiveChristianity is about realising you have an important role to play in the world and in the vastness of the universe.
- Christianity is a gift we receive by believing in the good news of Jesus Christ, repenting (changing), and by doing so, becoming a new creation.
- Christianity holds the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven, and allows you to enter.
- Christianity is about confidently knowing that in the end, you're going to win.
- directions_runChristianity is about following Jesus Christ as one of his disciples.
What's Life Like When You're a Christian?
To summarise Christianity even more, here's a very quick outline of what it's like to be a Christian. When you believe that Christianity is true, this is what you do with your life:
- Think about how awesome it is that you're loved by the Creator of the Universe — and how you're going to spend an eternity in heaven with God, enjoying your heavenly life more than you can even imagine as a mortal human.
- Enjoy how (because of the reasons above) none of the things that would otherwise seem like huge problems in your ordinary life in this world are that much of a problem in the big picture. And in the end — in heaven — they will be no problem at all.
- Talk to God (by praying), and listen to what God says to you (in the Bible, his living word) — so you can enjoy even more of the feelings as described above.
- Learn about how to stop getting as distracted by ordinary mortal concerns, from non-Christian "worldly" life, which can pull you away from both present and future happiness, and excitement, and closeness to God, as described above.
- Tell other people about all of the above, so they can enjoy it too...
Coming soon: Why Become a Christian?
Coming soon: How to Become a Christian
What is Nuclear Fallout? Nuclear fallout is dust and dirt (of varying sizes) that's been thrown up into the air by the force (blast) of a nuclear explosion, and has...
Venezuela was once the pearl of South America having a high living standard, oil, and rich in natural resources, yet now is a cesspool with people having to get their drinking water from ditches. Preppers...